Monday Apr 06 2020
With the increasing spread of COVID-19, we all live in a much different world than a few weeks ago. As consumer behavior, supply and demand, and policies continue to evolve, we want to help you navigate these new waters.
When our clients sign a contract with us, they don't just get an agency, they get a partner. As your partner, it's our responsibility to help you in any way we can. One of the most important things to know with your marketing and communications strategy right now is to maintain a presence and adapt your messaging as needed.
During this unprecedented time, it's necessary that your brand responds appropriately to employees and customers, so they know that you're doing all you can to help with COVID-19. Below we have outlined a few behaviors to consider:
1. Adapt to Shifts in Consumer Behavior
- As "social distancing" continues to grow, more people will be staying home, working from home and learning from home. Take advantage of that opportunity to stay in front of your customers by remaining online with advertising and communication.
- Digital media, social media, connected TV, cable and broadcast are all effective mediums during this consumption shift.
- Your approach may need to change but being active is vital to success.
2. Build a Consistent Tone and Voice
- Make sure your messaging resonates with your target audience. Now is not the time to be "salesy." Now is the time to be compassionate, credible and consistent.
- Deliver messaging to your customers that are meaningful. Keep it about the customer. What are you doing to help?
- Your tone should convey expertise, confidence and clarity.
3. Keep Employees Engaged
- When it comes to your internal team, make sure you're regularly communicating what leadership is doing to address the daily changes with COVID-19.
- Have conference calls with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype, etc. to consistently engage your employees.
- Encourage employees to use social media to share positive work your brand is doing during this crisis that benefits employees and/or customers.
- Your employees are your best advocates for your brand. Honest and timely communication with them remains important.
We hope you and your families are staying healthy and safe. Odney will continue posting daily updates from the state regarding the status of COVID-19 in North Dakota. Please Don't hesitate to reach out to our team at any time. We are your partner, and we'll get through this together.
download .pdf copy